ELLALAN recently published legal updates on Employment and Data Privacy Laws
- The Employment and Retirement Schemes Legislation (Offsetting Arrangement)(Amendment) Bill 2022 was recently passed in the Legislative Council. Starting from 2025, employers will no longer be able to offset severance payment (SP) and long service payment (LSP) by using the accrued benefits of the employers’ mandatory contributions (ERMC) under the Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) System.
- In this News Update, our Partner Charles To and Trainee Solicitor Holly Tang set out the implications of the new law.
- The Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data (“PCPD”) issued a revised guidance note in relation to the protection of personal data privacy for the property management sector earlier this month.
- The guidance note covered a number of common duties of property managers that may involve the use and collection of personal data, especially amidst the adoption of smart technology means in property management.
- In this article, our Partner Charles To and Associate Tiffany Li remind property managers of some of the key privacy principles, especially where there is CCTV surveillance or collection of visitors’ personal data.