Vinh (Richard) is a Founder and Managing Partner of Asia Legal.
Prior to setting up Asia Legal, Vinh was former Head of M&A and Foreign Investment Department of a long-established law firm specializing in legal and advisory services and dispute resolution in Vietnam, with offices in both Vietnam and Singapore.
Vinh also spent several years working for a well-known business law firm, headquartered in Ho Chi Minh City, in a role of Head of Hanoi Office, where he advised on foreign investment, corporate & commercial matters, cross-border mergers & acquisitions, corporate restructurings, property & construction and dispute resolution.
Before taking on the role of the Head of Hanoi Office of the above business law firm, Vinh served for several years as the Senior Manager and Assistant to a major local law firm based in Hanoi. There he managed, supervised and coordinated the legal team. In that role, he provided legal advice in the areas of international trade, cross-border mergers & acquisition, employment and labour, incorporation and foreign direct investment. He also developed and refined the strategic direction and implementation of legal consultancy services.
Vinh is an Accredited Mediator of Center for Effective Dispute Resolution (UK), and Vietnam International Commercial Mediation Center, Associate of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK), and Arbitrator of Southern Trade Arbitrator Centre. He is also a Visiting Lecturer of Judicial Academy of Vietnam, a body established under the Ministry of Justice to provide professional training for judges, lawyers, bailiffs, notaries, and other officials in Vietnam.
Vinh holds an LLM in International Trade and Economic Law from University of the West of England (UK).
• LLM, International Trade and Economic Law, University of the West of England
• LLB, Hanoi Law University
• BA, University of Languages & International Studies (Vietnam National University)
• Lawyer Training, Judicial Academy of Vietnam
• Certificate of Attendance, ICC Institute of World Business Law Program of the Institute for the Development of Arbitration Training by ICC International Court of Arbitration
• Certificate of Attendance on the Fundamentals of International Legal Business Practice, International Bar Association (IBA)
• Certificate of Effective Presentation Skill, Art of Communication
• Certificate of Public Relations (Academy of Journalism and Communication)
• Certificate of Fiscal Policy and Public Finance Analysis, (National Project Management Unit, Committee for Financial & Budgetary Affairs of Vietnam National Assembly)
AREAS OR EXPERTISE:
• Corporate & Commercial
• Merger & Acquisition
• Securities & Capital Markets
• Dispute Resolution
• Property & Construction
• Inward Investment
• International Trade
Asia Legal is an English-speaking business law firm in Vietnam, with strong expertise and in-depth knowledge of Vietnam’s political culture and legal developments. We combine deep local knowledge with international standards of expertise to provide local and international clients with quality advice and consultancy services in a wide range of practice areas including M&A, capital markets, inward investment, mining & energy, real estate, employment & labor and dispute resolution.
At Asia Legal, we always try our best to get to know the clients’ business so as to fully understand their business, and work out the best solutions to help the clients achieve their goals, using our legal and advisory expertise, and commercial savvy.
With highly trained and experienced lawyers who have local understanding and international expertise, Asia Legal is well positioned to be an ideally legal partner and advisor for a broad range of the clients including multinational corporations, foreign investors, banks and financial institutions, securities firms, funds and asset management companies, international organizations and SMEs.